Plead the fleeting moment to last

Friday, June 23, 2006

Here comes the bride, all dress in white...

I'm getting married!!

*i wish*

I woke up this morning feeling really excited about the rest of my day. Woke up almost feeling like I had a new purpose in life. Woke up not with the usual dreariness that I've been waking up to for the last coupla weeks.

No. I'm not getting married. If I am, I'll wake up feeling happy.

Anywayz, the reason why I'm waking up feeling all of the above, is as of last nite, I'm officially back on wedding planning, AGAIN!!! Met up with a friend (actually, my batchboy's girlfriend), she mentioned they were getting married and me, being me, obviously immediately offered my kind services and she was just more than happy to have me on board. So yepsie!! and so, I graduated from boyfriend's friend, to wedding planner and by the end of the night, I was made bridesmaid. Yep, no, didn't hear wrongly. I AM gonna be one of her bridesmaids cum wedding planner.

Okay, so over the weekend, or while i'm on leave this past week, my secondary school friend actually also smsed me for help coz her wedding's in Jan. Feeling pretty damn good about it coz in the short telephone conversation with her, I managed to settle her wedding venue (chijmes) and calm her nerves.

It feels all so familiar again, talking about venues, timelines, invitation cards, wedding favours, music, catering.. blah blah.. honestly, it makes me feel alive again. I must admit I'm a lil rusty coz I just spent the entire day typing out a wedding timeline for my friend. Oh, it's all free.. I ain't charging anything. I'm just doing what I've always wanted to do! *grinz*

So I've officially got 3 weddings next year. Two of which I'm kinda planning, two of which I'm gonna be part of the entourage. Dammit!! That means there's only space for me to play jie mei for ONE more wedding before I jinx my entire life. Coz to the bantang ones, once you become part of the party for more than 3 times, u will be left on the shelf!!! Die! Coz my own sisters ain't getting married yet and I will skin them alive if I ain't involved in their wedding. So let's see...reckon i'll prolly be left on the shelf for a couple lifetimes eh?

Anywayz, I'm looking forward to this whole wedding shit. Helps me get back on track too!! Keeps me occupied so I dun drink or club so much... I'm hoping to cut down, tone down and up a lil, get other activities... like planning weddings and pole dancing... muahaha... settle down, get married... have kids, get a house, get a dog and a cat, go for my honeymoon in alaska, yadayada.. opps, was dreaming out loud...

Time to get ready for another party.. bday party tonight and baby shower tomorrow... baby shower (!!!~!!~).. definate signs of aging. *sighh*

9 Comments:

  • At 1:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    aaaaahhhh ... I BOOK YOU I BOOK YOU I BOOK YOU!

    how can u NOT be one of my jie meis in future!!!

     
  • At 5:49 AM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    babe, dun worry, like i said, i still have you gals in my list of jie meis to be.. so.. plus u, plus everyone else.. i'll prolly not get married for a coupla lifetimes...

    that is, if you believe in it lah.. okay, i try not to jinx it... so since you've booked me.. hehe.. i'm in!! ;)

     
  • At 6:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey, congratulations,i feel so happy for you!!! good luck with your wedding plannings!!

    ying

     
  • At 3:49 PM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    Hey ying! how've u been?? (ying as in ivan's ying rite?) hehe.. just wanna be sure.

    haha.. sounds as though i'm the one getting married. but yey, i'm super excited anywayz, catch up when i get to london!

     
  • At 6:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yes, Ying as Ivan's Ying as well as Ying who owns Ivan(i have got proof for that, coz he always says "i am yours" so i think that means that i officially own him,gaga). i am quite okie, no more essays (no more favourite pasttime for Ivan,haha, coz i remember what you comment about Ivan's favourite pasttime, very funny,hah) . Just working in Disney Store, see all shapes of kids with all kinds of mood (sometimes feel Disney Store is a bit like butcher house coz you can often hear kids screaming and crying). hopefully that you can come to london soon, and i promise that i won't be as low-spirit and tired as last time, and join in MOS (don't let Ivan know :p) till then, good luck!

     
  • At 12:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    pris saysss

    remember hw i piss u off with "im gettin married!!"

    u will be my jie mei n my planner.

    and..

    THURS hwwww???thelma and louise!

     
  • At 2:44 PM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    Ying >> yucks, that's why i hate kids. or at least when they're at the age where ALL they do is scream and shout. bleah. give them away till they're like 18 yrs old then i'll take them back again. muahah..

    Pris >> yah, u still dare to say... i was.. so.. HAPPY u knoe! anywayz, thursday.. erm.. i'm yours for the entire day so u can do anything u want with me.. anything... *winkz*

     
  • At 12:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    im yours too..
    wooo.. raba rabaa..


    EWWWWwww gross!
    are u in spore? can we discussssss??

     
  • At 2:59 AM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    who is this?? pris ah?? discuss what???

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home