Plead the fleeting moment to last

Thursday, May 03, 2007

something for the pain

what happens when your world (perfect as you know it) comes crumbling down??

pain

pain can do great things. like create a whole new you that you and your friends hardly recognise. pain can push people to extremes - mentally, physically or emotionally. one moment, we're happy and dandy.. the next, we hyperventilate and scream silently. pain makes us do silly things that screw up your life and everything you do to try to allieviate the pain just makes you sink deeper and deeper... and deeper.

pain is more than just physical. i'm sure everyone has had that feeling before. that... lump of something that presses at the core of your heart. that... heaviness that makes you just wanna rip it all out just so it doesn't hurt anymore. that... sorrow and grief that makes you think that being dead probably feels better.

but we can't rush pain as much as we wish it'll all go away quickly. methinks pain and time are relative to each other. one goes up, the other will come down. one of those graph thingy. i tried rushing pain and what happens? even though so much time has passed, i sometimes still find myself back at that big black hole getting sucked in all over again... and again... and again. and the pain just keeps coming back again... and again... and again.

so what's my point actually?

being brought back to the painful days helps me appreciate what i have now. remembering the pain helps me appreciate time and happiness. knowing what pain feels like reminds me of the lessons i've learnt.

so pain is good... but only in hindsight.

Give me something for the pain
Give me something for the blues
Give me something for the pain
when I feel I've been danglin from a hang-mans noose
Give me something for the rain
Give me something I can use
To get me through the night
Make me feel all right,
Something like you

-darling jon (bon jovi)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    agreed.

    in wakeboarding terms (hurhurhur), getting through the pain is like having an ultimate face plant on the water, and waiting for yourself to resurface so you can breathe again. it's that moment in limbo before you find the surface to suck in fresh air that's the hardest to get past. but that's why we always wear life vests - to help keep us afloat after we've almost knocked ourselves out and lost our bearings.

    thanks for being my ever-bouyant lifevest babe! wahahahaha!

     
  • At 8:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    on a different note...pain reminds us that we're alive and lessons are learnt heh...hopefully. it makes us stronger...and you are babe!

    but following on the heels of that pain theres always a part of you that goes "tomorrow holds the promise of being better."

    cheers di
    you saw pain i saw understanding.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home