Plead the fleeting moment to last

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

testing waters

as opposed to the previous way i did things ie, inform my mum and dad that i was gonna move to normanton AFTER signing the contract and all that shit, getting my tattoo THEN letting them see it by accident,, i spoke to my mum and dad about me thinking of moving overseas. Of course no parent's gonna say GO FORTH to their daughter immediately, but i hope they'll warm up to the idea. afterall, methinks my pitching did make quite a bit of sense.

Yes, i may be paid employed in local terms and compete with the locals BUT i have a slight edge being bilingual (i'd like to think i will be able to survive if i live there long enough. if nicky can do it.. so can i)

Yes, when i come back, i may have to start again BUT i'll have overseas experience in a field that taipei is pretty known for ie, weddings and events.

Yes, it's a foreign country BUT that's why i'd choose places like uk, taipei or beijing where i actually know people. (uk would be too far and beijing erm... can't understand their accent)

Yes, i may be away from sg BUT methinks i'll actually go to church more regularly since it doesn't seem like there's a diff now anywayz since i'm flying.. (but hey! i'm trying)

Yes, i'll need moolah for transportation, food and lodging (contrary to popular belief, yes i'll be staying alone. bachelorette pad!) BUT things in taipei are pretty affordable and i promise i'll save, i already am!

Yes, it's something i wanna do hence i might have already made my decision BUT i know for a fact that i've prayed and prayed and decided to let Him make it happen if He wants it to.

anyway i foresee alot of questions and doubts that will be raised by the mother and father but i've also told them that i HAVE talked to the Big Guy up there and am leaving it to Him. if He thinks it's right, i'll get a job. if not, lan lan... This is called faith, eh??

and to show my mum and dad that i'm not rushing head on into something only to regret it, ahem... i've also proposed the idea of me going over for an extended period of time just to see if i really like it there. how diplomatic i am!! so the plan is, if all goes well, i'll go over in jan for about a month and see if i dun wanna kill myself by the end of the trip. might bring my sis for a short holiday too. see if she behaves and does her school work well. (haha... ms tan u reading this??)

hokay.. apparently the taiwanese stewardess told me today that wedding planners are gaining popularity there now. hur hur hur.... so see.. you never know but never say never. now it's more research and resume writing.. in mandarin!! gees... so much for making sure i didn't have to retake my mandarin during o levels and laughing like an idiot when i passed my oral with erm.. a pass... life just loves biting us in the arse.. hor?

i know this is not exactly a new song but just to share it coz i love it. and me prefers live version.. so here goes.. i'll be...



"I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life"

love this phrase

5 Comments:

  • At 12:30 AM , Blogger felicitous.dee said...

    hurhur. firstly, yes, i read it. secondly, wad MITE?! it's must okayy. and thirdly, come on, u noe i've ALWAYS been a good girl. i behave and i've been doing my work! *WIDE SMILE*

     
  • At 1:40 AM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    dun just say it... PROVE IT. *WIDER SMILE*...:D

     
  • At 7:42 PM , Blogger pris said...

    fark.. serious?

    i feel lost..

    :(

     
  • At 12:49 AM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    prissylala... u lost because u dunno what's going on (which shouldn't be the case) or lost because u miss me already??

    i know i know.. u miss me already... awwww...

    hugggzzzzz!~!~!

     
  • At 11:58 PM , Blogger pris said...

    ptui

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home