Plead the fleeting moment to last

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A brand new me to a brand new yr... I hope..

Just came back from the 2nd wedding dinner I've attended in 2006. And I'm just wondering who'll be next on the list? (burning qns no. 1) and when's it gonna be my turn... (burning qns no. 2) heeehee..

Well well, I think I'm happy. I've got my friends who've been with me through hell and back. I've got my family who've loved me regardless of whatever I did, whether it disappointed them or not. I've got my colleagues who've become more than just another face in the plane. I've got my really old friends who've been there and will always be there, just a phonecall away. It's never really easy to be contented with what you have. But once we are able to live with it and say, "hey, that was really nice" and truly appreciate something as little as taking your hand or lending a shoulder, or even meeting up over coffee despite busy schedules... or even a msg in the middle of the day, I guess that's when you're at peace with the world, and most importantly, yourself.

I dun think I need anyone to make me feel more worthy than I already am. I know what I want, who I am, who I love. And all I want is to be happy. I dun wanna think so much and get all bogged down by details and wat nots coz really, nobody owes you your own happiness. If I feel happy dancing the nite away, I'll dance the nite away. If I feel happy reading a book, I'll read a book. If I feel happy drinking with great company, that's what I'll do. If I'm happy being charmed off my feet, I'll let myself fall. I may do crazier, stupider, smarter or whateveritmaybe, things this year. I just resolve to make sure it will be a responsible decision.

Who knows what tomorrow might bring. I just hope it'll be a happier day than the day before. And if it's not, it'll just be a day I learn something new and precious. Scarred for live we all may be. Baggages and skeletons we have tons to carry. But hey! I guess dats what makes us more human, and it adds a fine line to the beautiful wrinkles we'll have when we age.

In addition to my previous resolutions, I resolve to age gracefully. ;P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home