Plead the fleeting moment to last

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

This is life

Hallo from Frankfurt. Land of sausages.. hur hur... cute bartenders, and burkenstocks. :P

Thought about this when i was at my crew seat when we were touching down into frankfurt. When i saw the passengers in front of me straining their necks to look out the windows, looking at the city light get nearer and nearer, looking at everything getting bigger and bigger until the plane lands with light 'tud' on the runway.

I thought to myself. When was the last time I was so excited at looking out the window? Use to ask my mum when she was going on a business trip to taipei. I begged her to bring me along coz I've never taken a plane. My mum said... "someday, your turn will come". My first trip overseas was with my grandmama and my cousin to Hongkong. I remember that my mum actually teared.. my virgin plane ride!! Weee!!!

I always requested for a window seat for my subsequent holiday trips to bangkok and hongkong. I remembered taking pictures of the clouds that were fluttering outside the window. I remembered looking intently at whatever I could see below wondering if it was the big blue ocean or just vast and endless cloudless skies.

These days, however, I guess I've started taking all these beautiful little things for granted. Things that use to excite me in the past hardly make me bat an eyelid now.

Gone are the days I take long bus rides with me and my (then) discman. What happen to the days where I couldn't resist strawberry ice-creams or milkshakes? How long has it been since I sat in Macs for the entire afternoon nursing a coke and yummy fries and getting all excited when I find a crispy one? Where was the satisfaction when I could actually afford to buy my very own CD or afford to watch a movie or buy something to pamper myself?

These days... seems like it's always about how much money I can earn, how fast I can get to my intended location, how much fatter whatever I consume would make me? It's always about getting the job done that I never even looked out the small little window that showed me the world. Have things that really matter all become so small and insignificant? It's about activities and more activities to keep myself occupied. That, or I'm always alseep, recuperating from a long hard day at work or party. Is that called having a life?

So what on earth is having a life? I guess it's just being contented with whatever you're doing and happy doing whatever you're doing. Keeping yourself occupied with meaningful stuff but then again, meaningful is highly subjective. So... what am i saying actually?

Nothing much... just that i miss the things i use to love. I should start taking buses, eating ice-creams and all again.. that is if i dun get fat and my uniform gets too tight.. HA!! this is life.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:24 AM , Blogger louis said...

    gone are the days where you're happy with a glass of b-grade ntuc lime cordial with water and ice, sitting in front of the teevee watching 2disc vcd with single track audio, eating indo-mee with a fried egg on top.

    nowadays it's vodka-lime, sitting infront of the plasma, watching dvd with 5.1dts, eating frankfurt sasauges and snacking on hanuta.

    things we use to enjoy changes. but in the end, aint it still the same? just that the things we enjoy becomes a little more complicated...

    we want to go back to where we were, but we've changed so much, and adapted so much that sometimes, ..we dun even find where we come from familiar anymore. (familiar?)

     
  • At 11:08 PM , Blogger pris said...

    isnt it birkenstock?

     
  • At 2:39 PM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    WHATEVER PRIS...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home