Plead the fleeting moment to last

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Pain or Pleasure

People always say that it's better to be the one more loved in a relationship. That it's always better to be the one taken care of in a relationship. But what if I personally WANT to love and WANT to take care of the other person equally? How can u be happy just being taken care of and loved? I mean... it's blissful at first but after a while... isn't it normal to wanna do the same for the person and not let it be just a one-sided thing?

Hokay.. I thought I was happy when I found the man who'd loved me regardless and really wants to take care of me and loved every single shit I do, rite? But that happiness just doesn't last when I see myself caring and wanting to spend more time with someone else.

Sigh... Now he wants to work things out and asks me to give it another shot. Should I? I really don't know what to do or say. I could give it a shot but what if it doesn't work again? Will I be wasting anybody's time? And will it be more difficult to let go a second time? He says he's been thinking and really can't convince himself to let it go so easily. Why is it that some people just more willingly fight for each other and others just let them go? Should I then really give him another chance to make me fall in love again since it's so hard to find someone who does?

So back to the statement "it's better to be loved than to love".

Val mentioned this to me before and I see now what it means. So I'd rather love more and not be empty in the end than to receive but never experiencing the pain that makes you human.

Haiyah... wat to do.. wat to do...

2 Comments:

  • At 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    eh? what did i mention to you? the "better to be loved than to love" statement ah? heh.. it was a defeatist statement babe. i said that cos i'd just spent 2 years giving and giving to that one person (and not receiving anything in return), yet he could walk away in a heartbeat and i could not have felt any emptier back then. but i realise now in hindsight that at least i know what love is, whereas he is even more lost in his world of emptiness now. so yes, i agree with you, i'd rather have loved and lost, than to never have loved, and i'm glad i felt that pain back then which made me know i'm human and that at least my heart is true.

    ps: *in typical drunken val style* i love you babe! i love you! wahahahaa -__-

     
  • At 4:58 PM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    no babe.. u didn't tell me it's better to be loved than to love... that's just a common phrase. u told me the loving and losing one lah.. doh..

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home