Plead the fleeting moment to last

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Goodbye Timbre

i know i'm suppose to be doing housework but as soon as i finish one task, i stop and space out.

he taught me how to be patient and showed me how i might be like as a mom. the sacrifices that were made, i learnt how to do them because i love and not just because of responsibility, watching how he spent his last few weeks with us, i'd like to know he went away happy and not shivering in the bitter taiwan rain and cold.

he taught me how to take the good, the bad, the naughty, the cuteness, the shit and all in stride. even talking abt the texture of his shit became simple over dinner type topics.

he taught me how to be partners with someone, respecting, growing and learning to take care of another life together whilst not fighting for leadership or tearing each other's head off.

he taught me to open up and created conversations for me and other pet owners, maybe that was God's way of giving me new friends and helping me improve my spoken mandarin.

he taught me how simple it can be to find joy in coming home to a wagging tail, a shake of a paw and the intense pride i can have when he understands both 'sit' and β€˜εδΈ‹β€˜.

he gave me a glimpse of what it's like to be stuck at home just because he can't be left alone and i realise i just need mojo and a beer, and preferably company. but it was pms... anyway, i digress.

heartwarming and heartwrenching it was for the past coupla weeks. i hope he's happier wherever he is... thank God he's no longer in pain.

and i hope i made your last weeks as happy and as fulfilling as you made mine... I will always remember you.. my baby timbre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home