Plead the fleeting moment to last

Sunday, March 20, 2005

One night in Beijing

Met up with Soichiro and Kay on my most recent trip to beijing and boy was i super excited. Haven't seen soi since coupla yrs back and Kay, have been wanting to meet her since I heard about her... alas.. never had the chance to so made sure I met her this time round. Keke... It was all good! Met them ard 7pm and we went for dinner at this hot wok place, the food was fantastic and we were famished so we ate and ordered and ate till we basically couldn't finish the rest of it. Sigh... overestimated ourselves. I was pretty surprised that we could actually smoke in restaurants, those indoor kinds... unlike Singapore.. bleah...

after some discussion on where to go and how to plan our time, we decided to head back to their place to rest a bit first before heading to this karaoke place called Qian Gui aka Cashbox. Met Kay's cousin, best friend and sis... basically, the entire household. Napped at their place for a short while coz I went out immediately after dropping my stuff off at the hotel so I was sorta exhausted.

Woke up at 12.30am and after trying to drag myself up for half an hour, it was time for Karaoke! Singing with 2 professionals .... no joke.. but it was a blast! Kekeke.... met Kay's sister's friends too coz they went for some singing session too. Ooohhh.... her sister's got these cute twin brothers who looked so yummylicious! Wonder how old are they... haha! I can't wait to go back to Beijing!~

Left Qian Gui at 5 plus in the morning and in the freezing cold, we headed to Tiananmen Square to catch the flag raising ceremony. Flag raising was scheduled at 6.21am and we got there ard 5.40am... so in the freezing cold we waited, took pictures, shivered, waited, and waited with Kay asking for the time at every 2 min intervals. Haha... I guess it was a historical moment for them too coz afterall, after living in Beijing for 10 and 4 yrs respectively, it was also their first time watching the ceremony... Keke... life is about experiencing as much as you can experience~~

By the time I got back to the hotel, it was 7ish. Was hating the fact that I had to go but loving every single min that passed. Soichiro and I talked about stuff too and it was really nice to catch up over beer and cheers-ing with every drink till there was hardly anything left for us to 'cheers' to. Oh and he was also pretty amazed at how well Kay and I clicked~! haha!~ *cheers to that!*

My gut feeling was right... had a feeling this was gonna be a good trip... load was light when I went up, the trip itself was unforgetable and the load back, even though it was full, I actually had a friend on board, as in passenger so it was kinda nice.... Settled some stuff in Sg, got my roster for next month (no syd and lon... YET) . All will be good and fine soon.... :P


Itsy bitsy minor downer's just.... DAMN... i think i caught a cold after standing in the square at 0 degrees. *sniff sniff coff coff sneeze*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home