Plead the fleeting moment to last

Friday, September 23, 2005

Random Thoughts

Yes, I'm whinning right now coz I was hoping to come home to a pretty noisy house. Instead, nobody's home... apparently everyone had their own plans and blah blah blah... If i'd known, I'd have just stayed in pasir ris... arghhh...

Alright, that was me letting off some steam coz I really am quite irritated at the above situation. But ho well.. nobody's to blame really so... lan lan... *pui*

Anywayz, just got back from a super long draggy flight to Frankfurt and NYC a coupla days ago. Flight's... T.I.R.I.N.G... nuff said. I came back with my legs aching, body aching, and bodyclock totally screwed. Been sleepin at 5am everynite and waking up at 4pm... sigh... it's so not funny.

Just had dinner in Pasir ris. Apparently kiddo sister was very excited to see me when she heard I was going home for dinner. It was a nice, simple, EXPENSIVE meal. Expensive only because of the cabfare to and fro. Sheesh.. but anyway, it's worth it, i guess. It was just nice to sit around and update my parents on what's going on, and basically talk about anything and laughing here and there. Ok, I admit it... i do miss them, but I think this staying out business is really good coz I'm really more appreciative of them, put in more effort to go home, to hang around and ask about them and what's going on with other relatives. I actually think I'm more intouch than before! So... moving out isn't always a bad thing.

Back in Frankfurt, I was watching the cnn coverage/report about the terrorist attack on a school. Beslan I think, if i dun remember the name wrongly. Well, so there these kids were, under seige by their attackors. It's horrible, the things they had to witness. The report was more on the kids, as they were recounting those moments, it kinda made me really appalled to know... these kids, they had to witness brains splattering on their face as bombs exploded, witness their own mothers being burnt in an attempt to rescue them, watch in fear as their friends burn to death coz one of them couldn't run away coz she had no legs to take her anywhere else. It's sad coz these kids will now have to grow up with images stuck in their minds, losing their innocence and not caring about being alive anymore. Seemed like most had only one thing in mind.. and that's revenge. Neverending cycle eh...

I loved what this litte boy said the most... he said "God failed coz he didn't save everyone. He couldn't... so he kept alive those he could, and took along with him the most beautiful ones. The most beautiful ones died so that they could be with Him." Well... I guess this little boy understood the meaning of "Everything happens for a reason and only God knows best."

Sometimes we just like to be the naughty one that does everything wrong despite knowing what's actually right huh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home