Plead the fleeting moment to last

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Frenz

Argh...

I'm not suppose to be awake at this time coz, knowing I'll be on a nite flight later tonight, I'll have to be sleeping in the afternoon so might as well stay up as late as possible so I can sleep in as late as possible and not take the trouble of having to try to sleep again in the afternoon. Got home at 5am last nite and I'm up, alive and kicking at 9.30am!!~! Sigh... all my efforts gone to waste.... DAMMIT.

Feeling kinda melancholic these days and just fell in love with this song by James Blunt entitled "Goodbye my lover". It's damn sad and depressing but the chords are exactly the same as Katie Melua's "Closest thing to crazy" so yey... I've just "mastered" two new songs. Whoopeee~

Had dinner with the what's left of the gang at far east yesterday. Turned out to be quite a gathering with Alvina gracing us with her pressence.. keke... there's pris, val, jonathan, nicky, louis and yours truly. It's been such a long time since we had more than 3 or 4 peeps hanging out. After dinner, we headed over to indochine for some beer (looked like a carlsberg ad coz we ordered their special offer and ended up with 10 bootled of carlsberg, imagine the sight when we toasted!) to be joined by gracia and gary. Felt soooo mass commie but there was this other table that had like 10 guys and abt 3 gals, mixing their own drinks, sitting in a big group, having fun. Looked like they were celebrating something and all... felt like we were there just a coupla years back. It was kinda heartwarming then fast forward to us, slightly more grown up, group slightly more toned down just having good conversations, occassional bickerings here and there, making the same lame jokes, talking not abt school but about work, life, relationships and frens here and overseas. *contented sigh*

How time flies.... most of the gals are back, almost everyone's still here, somewhere, somehow, still the same yet kinda different. Different because of the road our lives have taken, different coz we were put in some situation others did not get to experience, different because we've made decisions, lived with regrets, earned another scar to add to our already huge collection of emotional baggages. And things will change even more when we go through even more. Ups and downs at work, bitches and backstabbers that stop at nothing to climb over our backs, frens who come and go, leaving a mark just somewhere in ur heart but never bothering to stay long enough for their names to be engraved forever. And those who've been engraved, those that matter, we somehow start taking them for granted, sometimes forgetting that they were the ones that held our hands through shit, cleaned up our pukes, seen and heard the worst from and about us and yet still love us for who we are. I guess frenship's greatest lesson is never to take anyone for granted.

And of course, never to take our families for granted. Need to remind myself of that daily... I think i need to go home more often. :)

Alrighty... will be heading to London tonight and gonna meet up with my other favourite peeps. Kekeke... Apparently adrian's planned two nights worth of comedy nite outs so I'll be laughing so hard I hope my abs get a lil shaped up. (dream on... dream away... )

I am gonna try to fall asleep now.

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find you and I collide

5 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM , Blogger missy g said...

    Hey AH BU!!!!!!!!!!!

    I finally have ya blog!!!! heheh I got it from Sel, if you dont mind me reading it la.

    How have you been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????

    Can I add ya blog add to my blog too?

    cheers!
    Miss Guan (sharon)

     
  • At 5:00 PM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    Sure babez!~ add away!~ Wat's ur addy too? then I'll add urs to mine.

    Am doing fine, updates on the blogs.. hahaha.. anywayz, u?? we must, we must, we must be up someday!~

    Hugzzzzz

     
  • At 5:23 PM , Blogger missy g said...

    heh.. sharonguan.blogspot.com
    go ahead and add too. :)

     
  • At 12:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So touching... yeah.. so many scars we carry huh.. butthat's life isn't it... when we die i wonder how much scars we carry or do we just get cleansed completely becos at that moment of death all that happened in lfie doesn't really matter... - Nicky

     
  • At 6:18 PM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    I think we get cleansed completely. Coz say if we're going to heaven, then there's not suppose to be any pain... on the other hand, if we're going the other direction, i think they're nice enough to take all these shit away and not to let it add on to our eternal suffering.

    Or, that could just be our curse, carry ur scars for life... hmmm

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home