Plead the fleeting moment to last

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Egyptian nite!

Just checking in from Cairo, land of pyramids and eygptian mummies; Cleopatra; sand, sun and noisy carhorns. Oh, note to self, no sale of alcoholic beverages on Fridays coz it's holy day, so friday nite was spent quietly playing scrabble with my teamgal kellin in our room. Hur hur hur. She's prolly about the only one that I bunk in with during our teamflights, and this is our last team flight so... kinda have to treasure every moment we have coz you never know what will happen 24hrs from now.

Take for example.... MY DEAREST DARLING ELISSA AND NORMIE ARE HAPPILY ENGAGED RIGHT THIS VERY er... NITE!! I'm super happy for them and really wished I could have been there to share that happy moment with the entire gang. DAMMIT. I missed the party of the yr!! Quite literallty since we haven't really had a nice group gathering since god knows when. It was so heartwarming though when I got the call and spoke to dearie lissy... apparently she CRIED, not teared, when normie popped the qns. Well.. was super happy that I kinda teared too. Hopeless romantic shithead I am. With all the shit that's happened over the last coupla yrs, I'm pretty glad I'm not TOO jaded. That or I just can't quite be bothered with feeling pain anymore that all pain becomes normal, and everything else becomes all nice and pretty and happy. But I digress... this ain't about me...

Anywayz, I'm just REALLY happy for the couple and wish them all the best.

NOW.. WHO'S NEXT?? Damn... as gracia and I concluded, lissy's the only one's on the right track and timeline. SIGH SIGH SIGH... It's ok lah. When it happens, it happens. Not, then not lah... Pain, of course you'll experience. But honestly there's also happiness, craziness, being wild, dancing along grocery aisle, silly name calling doing silly things and all that shit lah so that pain, in comparison with the other stuff, is prolly worth it. (This coming from someone who use to rely on alcohol to sleep.. ha! easier said than done hor? hur hur hur)

Hokay hokay... This is my last team flight and I'm so gonna miss the crazy ass times we had. From meeting each other for the first time and not knowing shit about each other, to meeting up right after we touch down from flight just to go for a drink or two; from staying up late, teasing the guys who unwittingly drink with us.. haha.. drinking and chatting into the wee hours of the morning when we're overseas, cooking every single meal, to being each other's jie mei and planning each other's hen night. we've sure come a long way in this lil 1.6yrs. ahhh... Feeling all nostalgic now. At least we'll still meet up every 3 mths (crosses fingers) . I'll miss you babes, sluts and bitches!! Which reminds me... why on earth am I here when I should be chatting with them?? Alrighty... time to go!!

Cheerios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home