Plead the fleeting moment to last

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Thank you for smoking

As we all know by now, the dumbass regulation about smoking only within yellow boxes or permitted area has been implemented. It hasn't gotten on my nerves yet prolly only because I've been successful in locating suitable places. Oh, maybe also because half the time I'm not in Singapore, hence stupid rules like this don't apply.

Methinks it's just plain stupid to implement something like that especially seperating outdoor areas coz... i mean, it's the freaking outdoors! U mean to say I can walk down orchard road smoking out the entire area but I can't sit down and smoke at that one particular area? Isn't indoor, air-conditioned areas an area for non-smokers to sit? Leave the freaking outdoors to smokers la! It's only fair. And it's not about freedom of choice for non-smokers who feeeel like sitting outside for some fresh air and then complain about ciggie smoke. How about giving smokers the freedom of choice to sit inside when they feeeel like having some air-con??

What about businesses that are affected directly, like places for shisha? Erm, won't making the area 50% smoke-free mean cutting business by half? And what's the point of the 50% empty space since most people go there to smoke anywayz...?

That's me rambling anywayz...

Oh, for those asking me about walas, yes, smoking's been banned from there. Upstairs as well as downstairs. The only area you can take a puff is apparently at the little ally way between walas and tango. :/

Hokay, just got back from a movie with the above title. It is really good. It's actually about a tobacco company spokesperson and how he goes about defending his company. I mean, all that he says are actually a bunch of bullshit made to sound really really convincing. And the way he does it is really smooth too. Basically, it's an excellent movie with a really smart, good script. Just one little problem. The shooting and editing of the film is a little.. er.. not as professional. Thought it could have been better. I mean, the jump cuts were freaking obvious lor! I actually wun mind watching it again. Love the bullshit.

So you see, drinking and smoking isn't all that bad, my medical report says so, doctor even says I must be doing something correct. We just dunno what it is. Hur hur hur... Helps you loose weight, and drinking more increases your alcohol tolerance making you less inclined to get drunk and in turn make a fool of urself; spend too much money coz you get sick of trying to get happy high but fail miserably; puke; fall prey to rapists; get taken advantage of... etc... but eh, for the record, I haven't touched alcohol since I got back from paris last thursday (maybe cept for the teeeeny weeeeny bit of red wine I drank in syd). I've got witnesses!!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you drank a whole bottle...what the hell are u talking about??

    LOL

    - aly

     
  • At 12:27 AM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    yuan wang ahhhh!!!!

     
  • At 11:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HA! HA! HA!

    I think I know wt u did "right"!

    Maybe you manage to purge the crap out by promoting perspiration through cardiovascular exercise . . erm such as pole dancing???

    oh wait, there's a time difference..

    so it's wat?

    HA HA HA!

    prissssssss!

     
  • At 12:55 PM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    thanks ah prisy-lala... btw, my body is aching now lor.. flipping upside down is no joke man... :/

    be one with the pole... ha!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home