Plead the fleeting moment to last

Thursday, August 17, 2006

No day but today

My short little holiday has come to an end, but the blotch in my eye is still red. Sheesh... I hope I don't scare anybody tomorrow. Sigh.. come to think of it, if I knew I was gonna get myself a freaking 4 day mc, I could've gone diving man! But then again, I might burst another vessel or two and that would be bad. Basically, it's something like a bruise, and there's nothing you can do to make it go away besides waiting for it to fade off by itself.

So here I am, waiting, whilst looking like a freak.

Back to work tomorrow after this unexpected 5 day break and I guess I'm pretty much recharged. And hopefully, starting work again means more money and less drinking.

I think all of us are guilty at one point or another of taking our love ones for granted. And most of us at one point or another are victims of people taking us for granted, or so we feel. But the silly thing is that it's all part of human nature, isn't it? I mean, the closer you are to someone, the more you abuse that closeness, be it our very best friends, our partners and more often than not, our family. We feel that, aiyah, since we're so close, I can be myself wat! There's always another day, another time and on and on... But being oneself also means being more selfish and not take the other person's feelings into consideration. Since we're so close, you gotta accept me for who I am, that kinda thing.

It always only happens when you know something is wrong or when we've lost that someone that we realise, hey, I should've been more understanding, more patient, more caring, more loving, but it's not everyday that we are able to right that wrong, make it up to the person or take back whatever that's been said and done.

I'm learning... not to take people's care and concern for granted. I'm learning... not to always flare up at people who are close to me just because I can raise my voice and there's nothing they can do about it. Coz I don't think I ever wanna be in that position where I suddenly realise that I've unknowingly pushed that person/people away. I'm learning... to be the me I was, the one that's more caring and showering affection unconditionally, unafraid of being hurt and disappointed again.

I just hope I dun get taken for granted as well, coz I'm not always around to meet up for coffee and I treasure the people around me. And I hope I dun get taken for granted because of the way I love... whoever, whatever, whenever, wherever.

The heart may freeze or it can burn
The pain will ease if I can learn
There is no future, there is no past
I live this moment as my last
There's only us, there's only this
Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
No other road, no other way
No day but today

- Rent

2 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    long holiday means more time at home means yellin at ur family?

    raaahhhh -diancee

     
  • At 1:07 PM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    No lah.. nobody at home for me to scream at. Plus by the time they get home I leave to go town.

    I'm just talking in general and in light of me recently slightly losing my cool and getting pissed by little things that don't go my way.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home