Plead the fleeting moment to last

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Looking forward to...

Just got back from Nanjing, ancient city and one of the 4 capitals of China. Nanjing is really not as boring as what some of my friends described! I wish I had more time there coz I only had enough time to go sightseeing and enough time to buy myself two tops.

Went to the Nanjing Massacare Museum and it was... well.. solemn, creepy, emotional, enlightening and well, basically very 'ouch'. How can people be so cruel to fellow human beings. I mean, saw this picture of a pregnant woman being disembodied after being raped, little babies who haven't even had the chance to call their parents 'mummy' or 'daddy' being killed, the rest can be left to imagination and trust me, some of the things no sane human can ever imagine. Sigh... it's sad, and it's no wonder why the Japs are pretty hushed up there. (My stupid chief had to start going 'kawaii' in the middle of the tour! Kao.. never die before) I was walking and thinking to myself that I'm glad it's all over. Just hoping that this kinda war will never happen in my or our children's time. But then again, it'll probably be different kinda warfare by then.

What do I know abt war anyway?

This trip has also made me realise something that I guess I've always taken for granted. And in fact, I think most kids these days actually do too. Ha.. never imagined myself saying this but, we've taken for granted our education system and the fact that the majority of us in Singapore are bilingual, is truly something not every other country can boast about. Well, I've always hated mandarin but during this trip, I think I've done so much translation it's almost become fun to know how to speak mandarin. Kekeke.... was having a foot massage with a colleague on our first day there and this Ang Mo sat beside me. Chatted a lil, with him and the people giving us the massage and I ended up being their translator! Literally whatever he said, I'll repeat in perfect Mandarin and vice versa. She even asked me to write in her little note book certain replies to customers who they have trouble explaining things to. Quite cute, I must say, quite cute. Plus knowing me, haha.. it is an achievement!~

Took like 3.5 rolls of film! This is almost record holding but it was fun. We took so many goofy pictures, pictures of us in those Huan Zhu Ge Ge kinda gear, ok, really really pretty scenic views of Yangzhou and some other historical places.

My new team's so far so good so am hoping this will be a good year. Looking forward to move everything into Normanton... looking forward to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home