Plead the fleeting moment to last

Monday, June 13, 2005

Ramblings for the day

I just got back from Bombay.
I will have a days' rest before going for 9 days to dubai and cairo.
I will have another days' rest after that before heading to London for 12 days.
I will have almost another days' rest before going over to Sydney.
I will suffer major jetlag and insomnia when I return.
I will most probably hit the clubs the weekend I'm back.
I am trying to kill myself with an overdose of activity.

Anywayz, the past coupla days have come and gone. Things have pretty much become a routine and I quite like that routine. I'm happy. I dunno what I'm happy about but I guess I am.

Just had a conversation with my colleague in the cabbie on the way back and we were talking about relationships - the pros and cons of being in one or the lack of it. Well, she pretty much said that she missed being single coz being attached comes with lotsa obligations and responsibilities. That is true but as long as the feelings are being reciprocrated, then its okay, ya? Then she mentioned that, she seems to be the party that's more boh chup and I said that's good. Afterall, my experiences have taught me that the one with the upperhand in the relationship is the one who cares less... or to put it in another way, the one who loves more has more to lose. Sad fact it is but too bad coz that's life. Then we started talking about fidelity and she feels that women these days are more prone to stray than guys. Actually, I think both are equally guilty of that. Women only seem to be more sluttish coz it's always been the guys who do it. However, with the new concept of equality, women becoming more self-sufficient and educated, we now have more bargaining power and we know we can live without men who break our hearts.

Come to think of it, who can blame women for straying or for becoming the way they are? Instead of having to suffer in silence because of what their men did, women now take things more easily coz they almost 'know' their men will most probably stray anyway... so why give so much or why bother so much? It's like a self-defence mechanism that men have conditioned women to have. So men can't blame women for breaking their hearts coz for a woman to break a man's heart, there must've been someone, somewhere out there who has broken her heart, resulting in her establishing this self-defence system for protection.

So what the fuck am I trying to say here?

Dun blame the gal for breaking ur heart.
Dun judge a gal for meeting/ sleeping/ making out with just some random guy coz it's just as easy for guys to do the same and get away with it.
Try to get use to the fact that women do that these days.
Stop breaking people's heart coz you're just adding to the world another cynical human being who may someday break ur heart or someone elses' heart.

Hmm... should I go out tonight or should I stay home? I shall go smoke and ponder...

2 Comments:

  • At 1:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    is that how God wants His people to live?

     
  • At 6:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Don't ask stupid rhetorical questions.

    I'm sure the people of today wished he did.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home