Plead the fleeting moment to last

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Maiden blog from Normanton

Yes, I finally have proper internet access from Normanton Park. Whoopeee~ Feels good to once again be typing on a keyboard, chatting with friends, checking my emails and updating people with the amazingly interesting story of my life... haha.. yea yea... whatever.. :P

Anyways, backtrack to the past coupla days, just wanna say that the hse warming partee was a blast!! (Or so I'd like to think) And I sincerely thank everyone who made it. (Those that didn't coz u didn't know abt it or anything, I'm sorry... too many people and I hope u know its not personal). Well, we actually had proper catered food and so much alcohol that my once empty shelf now proudly displays abt 5 different types of vodka, there's tequila, gin, baileys, can't remember what else but they're there! We had so much wine and booze coz everyone just came with bottles and bottles of whatever they can lay hands on. We ordered 6 bottles of Bukatraubbe and it disappeared in abt an hour. Sheesh... hot stuff cannot bluff...

Something happened that day actually made me wanna cry for the first time in the last half a year. It felt almost scary coz I forgot how these emotions felt like.

After the party, the rest of my off days were spent cleaning up the house, sun tanning, meeting up with my colleagues, drinking and basically bumming around wishing I could return to work. Anyways, it felt good going back to work. Some people say they'll start dreading work and all but I think I appreciated the break and the fact that I actually do have a job. Bumming around too much can be very stressful and tiring coz in tiny lil island here, it's almost a chore thinking of someplace new to go to!

Speaking of which, nicky, sel and myself checked out this place called eskibar. Like a sub-zero degree setting where people had to wear jackets and drink in an ice cold environment. Unfortunately for us, we were at the position where it wasn't that cold so we didn't need the jackets nor did we freeze our asses off. All we had was nice cold beer throughout the time we were there. Kinda a little overated but still pretty fun for a first time thing.

Hokay, I can go on and on but I shall go find some food. Oh the perils of living alone..... wish someone would tapao something for me now!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home