Plead the fleeting moment to last

Monday, January 24, 2005

Cape town

Time to get away from the hustle and bustle of life in Singapore and bask in the beautiful, natural flora and fauna of the cape town. I'm just sick and tired of feeling all emotional and screwed up. Wish I could stay away from Singapore for good. This place sucks.

Anywayz............. I believe I haven't mentioned anything about capetown and the word to describe it will be beautiful.

The first thing I saw upon arriving at capetown, even before we touched down, was the Table Mountain. Table mountain because the top of it is flat.. much like a plateau actually, then it comes down like a table... and when the clouds sorta like hover over it, it looks very much like a snowy white fluffy tablecloth. So there... Immediately I was like.. thank god I brought Feefee along coz I really hope to take some pretty pictures...

By the time we got to the hotel, it was ard lunch so we decided to meet at 1pm for lunch before heading to the Waterfront. Waterfront's very much like... a mix of sydney's fish market area, and Singapore's clark quay. Quite scenic but we got pretty bored after a while coz everything was the same and very very touristy. Bleah... so by 6pm, we were on our way to the hotel... Okay, that was chill day. But I spent a pretty gruesome coupla hours with my colleague trying to fix feefee coz apparently she decided to go into a coma on me when I tried to shoot a coupla test shots. I literally freaked out... thank god my friend managed to screw her properly so she decided to work. I still had to do some manual fingering to make sure she REALLY worked but the best way is to see if the pics turn out... I sure hope it's okay... or i'm screwed~

The next glorious day was spent driving ard capetown. We went to a vineyard and did some wine tasting.. unfortunately none of the wines caught my attention.. so I didn't get any... we went to cape of good hope.... the waves.. are... so.. beautiful... and the sound of them hitting against the rocks was so calming.. yet at the same time the splashes looked so strong and majestic. Hmm...

We went on to capepoint, which is the point where you're suppose to be able to see the joining of the atlantic and Indian ocean. Unfortunately, stupid place was too cloudy.. so we couldn't see shit. Arghhh... but i think I managed to catch a glimpse of it when the skies were clearing up a little. A long faint divide that's suppose to be where the waves hit each other because of the difference in temperature of the two oceans. Amazing.

We also stopped at various points, saw penguins and wondered how they could live in this climate coz it was pretty hot where they were. I always thought they had to be in the colder regions.. maybe i'll go do some research on that. Other than that, as I mentioned the various points, majority were mountains and the great big atlantic ocean. Come to think of it... after sometime, everything looked pretty much the same... but STILL beautiful... and very clean. Stopped by this roadside fruitstall and bought a box of grapes and some peach thingy.. cheap cheap... my colleagues bought like mangoes and pineapples by the boxes!

Super tired by the time we got back from the trip but it was alll good fun. Wish I could go back there. So many more things to do and places to go....until my next trip I guess. I so wanted to jump into the clear waters and stay there forever... build a little hut somewhere ard and live my days selling little trinkets and stuff... eat fish everyday, surf when the waves are good, tan when the sun is up, dive (when i get my license) and look at sharks... jog along the beach with me dog... make love under the moon and stars ... (now i'm getting dreamy)...

Oh back to reality... have got a freaking 3500 word essay due on 31st jan... and I'm going away to manchester on 28... and i've got a shanghai flight in between.. and i'm nowhere near complete! Ahhhh.... life sucks... for now...

3 Comments:

  • At 11:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Heya..........

    When u get to Manchester.......can you go to Old Trafford (Homeground of Manchester United) and take a photo of the entrance for me down there??

    Better still, if you could get into the stadium and take a photo too.

    Even better still, why don't you watch a match down there and take a photo as well

    :)

    hahaah.........i am not kidding....i m serious leh..... though i think option 1 would be most realistic
    :).......please...........

     
  • At 4:59 AM , Blogger ah_bu said...

    Eyy...

    sure thing.. i wun mind going in but if there's an entrance fee.. can i bill it to you? If agreed, I'll try my best to go inside.. haha..

    Man u fans.. best if there's some training going on.. ha! :P

     
  • At 12:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hmmz

    that can be negotiated

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home